SHAREit is a true cross-platform application as the user interface is kept almost identical in all of the operating systems that it is compatible with. The transmission of these files are done over the Wifi and this means, the speed of transfer will depend upon the strength and connectivity of both devices. You can even transfer files between your phone and your PC without any solid hardware connecting both devices.
How to download SHAREit on Windows 8/8.1
SHAREit is free to download over the Microsoft application store. You can access the software from their official page if you have a Microsoft account. If you do not have one you can choose to download it using the below button.
How to install SHAREit on Windows 8/8.1?
The first thing you need to know before downloading and installing SHAREit over your PC is whether your PC is 32 bit or 64 bit. After finding that out proceed on to further steps.
- Once you know the operating system version, download the required SHAREit application from the download link above.
- After successful completion of the download, proceed to find the downloaded file.
- Find the file with the “.exe” extension and double-click to launch it.
- This will open an installation wizard which will guide you through the installation process. Just follow these instructions and the installation will be done on your PC.
- Click on “Finish” after the installation process ends.
How to run SHAREit Windows 8/8.1 to share files?
The recent update of SHAREit has brought an easier mechanism of connecting two systems. The “QR code” is a unique graphical code generated by the host system which when scanned using a camera, connects the two devices. We will be using this method to transfer files. Make sure that SHAREit is installed on both devices.
- Launch SHAREit on your PC, this PC will play host.
- Find the “QR code” option on the home screen and click on it.
- The QR code should promptly be displayed.
- Launch SHAREit over the other device.
- Choose to connect to PC using the QR code.
- Scan the QR code on the PC using your device’s camera.
- This should connect both the devices. Proceed to select files and transfer.
Hidden features of SHAREit for Windows 8/8.1
SHAREit is an excellent application for sharing files and data over Wifi but that is not all. The application has some lesser-known features that make it even more attractive. There is a built-in video player inside the application which supports most video formats. There are instances when your electronic device is unable to play a certain video because of lack of video decoder, SHAREit has one of the best video decoders and plays most videos.
The application also has a built-in optimization tool and an anti-virus program. This can be accessed by looking for the option on the home screen of SHAREit. These hidden features work for almost all operating systems and not just Windows 8/8.1 and above.